Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What Am I Doing Here?


What am I doing here? This is a good question about this blog. But it's one that most enduro riders ask themselves at every event. The blog: thought it would be cool to track my preparation, disappointment, minor successes, setup and repairs over the course of a season. The enduros: at almost every enduro, I (and most other guys, I think) bonk and start asking "What the hell am I doing here?", "This is fun?", and "Why am I not sitting on my ass on my couch watching football on this rainy autumn Sunday?". What is the sadistic pull that keeps us coming back to this sport that pounds rider, bike, and wallet into the ground a dozen times a year?


With all of the aspects of an enduro season, I thought it might make a cool blog to track my activity in the sport for a year. Success in enduros requires attention to detail and preparation in series of areas that one wouldn't necessarily connect otherwise: mechanics, physical fitness, mental fitness, strategy, knowledge of the game, riding technique, navigation, time-keeping and math.


So that's the plan, track my enduro activities at home, in the garage, and on the circuit for about a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment