Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick Day

When my dog snores, she sounds like a tuba.  She woke me up at 1:00 AM this morning.  I'd gotten to bed by 10:00 because I felt just a little off after spending a few hours on the 950.  I was sure that some good sleep would have me feeling fine in the morning.  Well, Calla the tuba took care of that.  Went back to sleep around 5:00 AM after emailing school that I wasn't going to make it.


Part of what woke me up was one of those semi-panicked thoughts that just popped into my head.  I never finished aligning the front axle after installing the new forks and wheel.  That certainly could have a huge impact on handling and seal life.  Went to the garage around 3:00 AM and, sure'nough, found the pinch bolts loose on one side.  A dumb ass move on my part.


So, after I woke up around 10:00, I got the bike washed and aligned the forks.  Tonight when Linda gets home we're going to recheck the sag in the rear.  Have to remember to bring a 20lbs dumbell to account for extra weight of riding gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment