Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Run

The NETRA Snow Run was this past weekend.  Perhaps one of the most fun NETRA enduros I've done.  Right off the bat you could see that the routesheet was fairly short so we knew there was no need to save energy.  The start went to the right out of the parking to a familiar section from many Ramblers runs.  Even though I had the deflectors, grip heaters, and thicker gloves, my right  hand got numb in the first section.  Speeds were very high.  The Ramblers pretty much only used cart road for this event.  This would have been a necessary move if the snow was deep.  In the thin snow cover we had, most of the day we were riding the brown stripe of frozen ground.

Traction initially was great.  The front stayed strong all day but the rear started losing side lugs during the run.  It got tough to accelerate hard out of turns.  I don't think I ever used 4th and 5th gear so much in an enduro.

Ed was on a tear and ended up 1st in his class.  He got me by 1 in a bunch of sections.  I did not leave anything on the trail.  That was as hard as I could run on that day.  I made a couple errors and checked into a section late in my minute.  I ended up 3rd C-vet.  Really fun day.

Pics:
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE

Steve E.'s bike wouldn't start in the morning so we put it in my trailer and pointed the Mr. Heater at it.  Got a little too close and melted his shroud.  Any longer and we could have had a huge fire.  Pretty funny but could have turned out different.

No comments:

Post a Comment