Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sumter Prep

This Friday, Ed V. and I'll head for South Carolina and the Sumter National Enduro.  I'm pretty excited for my first national.

Spent the last two days getting the truck ready for the haul.  Yesterday I put the new rear shocks on and spent all of today on the struts.  I had a real tough time with the passenger side until I got it figured out that the sway bar links had to be detached on both sides....can't just do one side at a time.  I also finally installed the iPod2car adapter for tunes for the drive.

The trailer was prepped last week and the week before that.  Greased the wheel bearings and ramp hinges.  Last weekend I put new tires on it.

I'll spend most of tomorrow getting the bike ready.  I bought a used set of wheels in good shape from Mark P.  I'll put the soft-terrain Dunlop 756s on the new rims and leave my rallye studs on the stock wheels for the Snow Run the week after Sumter.  The FMF Q arrived this week so I'll mount that (good deal through the new sponsorship).  Then all the typical stuff:  change oil, air filter, drain gas, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Tony:

    Good luck at the national. If I am still in Missouri, we have one here this year. Have fun.

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shawn. Thanks for the encouragement. It was a great time. I was thinking about coming to MO for that national but there's an enduro in my series on the same day. Trying for a championship this year.

    ReplyDelete